Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The truth about German beer and the Baileys...

Dresden
Okay I must admit...I am getting a little bit of grief from family members thinking we are "drinking our way through Germany" Not to worry we are not. A couple of things here....I found it very interesting when we lived in Dusseldorf that all the beers come in different glasses.Not only the style of beer... but the brand too.


As any of you know who have been to Germany, there a LOT of German beers. Thirteen hundred breweries and over 5,00 brands is what I have heard.
BadSaltzdetfurth
Nurenberg (Irish Pub)
It was quaint and fun at first to collect the beer glasses to take back home.  But honestly after being here for 2 1/2 years the last time, I think we have enough glasses,mugs, and stiens. So this time I though it would be fun to photograph them instead of taking them back with us.  Secondly, and I did mention this on my Facebook page, beer is cheaper than water. I am being "frugal" or cheap whatever word you would like to use. I chose a beer with my meal (maybe 2, because they are pretty quick bringing you the first beer and pretty slow bringing you dinner so you do get a bit thirsty when dinner finally arrives - pretty smart Germans huh?)


Munich
Dresden




They are not ours but kind of funny! 

Neuschwanstein










Rothenburg



But honestly we do not drink beer everyday, mostly once a week or so.  We did however have a nice 10 day holiday were we might have had beer every day because, well we were out and yes thirsty!  Not to worry.  David and I still love our wine.  Guess it is a good thing we are not living in Italy! grin grin They say "if a bottle of wine can't be finished with two people then isn't  a very good bottle of wine." Touche! (Okay so that is a french word but hey it fit!)
And don't get me started with the German water glasses or coffee cups!  Good grief!
Prost! Zum Wohl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment