Friday, September 9, 2011

New shoes and a guest for breakfast

Okay so I got some new shoes, for walking, well sort of, you can walk in them and they look really good, but they aren't boots.

 hmm I tried them out this morning as I walked into town for my groceries.Not so good on the big cobble stones but I made there and back. I think if we in the US had to carry all of our groceries home in bags we would probably not eat so much!  Not to worry - I did get the Lebkuchen, and chocolate   I mean after all ,with all the walking why not ha ha.

David has been gone most of the week, so I ventured out and found a lovely art store. I bought some colored pencils and decided to draw again. It has been a while but why not.  This morning I was all set to draw when I thought a cup of coffee for breakfast would be good.





Oh first let me digress....I think I have mentioned in an earlier post that Germany does NOT have window screens!  Nope they don't think they have bugs here or something.  When we lived her for years we found some screening and velcroed (is that even a word) it to the windows, but this time being shorter (we think) we decided to save a little money and not put them in.  The windows here are the sizes of doors.  And actually it is quite lovely on a nice day to have the window open.

Okay so back to breakfast and my "guest"  As I walked past the kitchen. The size of your pantry, I noticed what I thought was a brown brush of sort stuck in the ivy right outside my kitchen window.  I had a closer look and it was my own personal Squirrel.  Yupe right here in my kitchen.  Thank goodness I had not gotten around to opening the windows as i do every morning.  Grrrrr, One more thing I can't do now.

Oh and the noise I have been hearing scratching around in-between the floors, I am pretty sure it is my breakfast guest.  All morning I have been trying to think of how to tell them here that there is a squirrel in this apartment complex.....Not something I learned in my German learning! However; yesterday I learned that animals frisst and people isst!  ha ha so maybe I could say something of interest ha ha

If you don't laugh you are gonna cry!
Es ist Eichenhörnchen fressen außerhalb meinem Küchenfenster - there is a squirrel eating outside my kitchen window....somehow I am not sure that is correct.  Oh bother

No comments:

Post a Comment