Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Time to travel again!

So as I sit here waiting to plan another wedding, our oldest daughter is now engaged, I search the internet to make the perfect itinary for our next trip.  "Two daughters engaged at the same time and I am halfway across the world!"  Yikes. ...okay then...to the Alps!  
I didn't know that this updated but when I posted it  - it was all in snow!
I hate to write about it before hand because today the summit of Zugspitze is in white out condition.  Not good if you want to go to the top of Germany's tallest mountain to take photos.  We have a little over a week, so I am praying hard for good weather and planning away.


Vaizdas:20050619 130750 Marienbruecke Neuschwanstein.jpg
 As I was saying, The Germany Alps is on the list.  First we will stop off at Neuschwanstein Castle to hike up around to get, well yes, a good photo!  I have been there before but not having the best information did not get the photos that I have been drooling over here of late.  After hours of digging, I found the path past the Marien bridge to get some great shots.  When I was there the last time the Marien bridge was closed due to snow so to hike up past it was not even an option.



Photos of Queen Mary's Bridge (Marienbrucke), Romantic Road
This photo of Queen Mary's Bridge (Marienbrucke) is courtesy of TripAdvisor

this is my shot when we were there in April 07 grrrr
 You should know from my earlier post, I have the boots!  I do love the German shoes they are made for walking, hmmm go figure!  I do, I do, I love the shoes! I think half of my "shoe collection" is German now. Anyway, thank you for indulging me on my rant. Snicker snicker. After a day of up and down at the castle we will head to Garmish Partenkirche to spend the night and attempt ZUGSPITZE.  I am so excited it is going to be grand.  I loved hicking around Pottenstien (another gem I found online that most people don't go to - but oh so worth it)  We are not serious hikers but that is not to say we don't enjoy the thrill of a hard days hike, and the reward of a cold beer at the end.  I think given more time I might scare my husband and become a real live hiker!  But for now the hills around the Bavarian towns we encounter are my training ground.  (When we are in the US, we live in the Midwest and you know there really isn't much to climb there!)

You will have to check back to see if we do indeed make it to the top!  Oh and I found amazing "Socken",  I love the German socks almost as much as the shoes....they have a sock for everything!  And unlike the States you can buy them anywhere, even in the grocery ha ha.  So with..."meinem Socken and Schuhen bin ich fur die Berge bereit!" (with my socks and shoes I am ready for the mountain)

No comments:

Post a Comment